Any job opening listed on this page is provided for informational purposes only and is not affiliated with DACA.
The Compliance Assistant is responsible for assisting in maintaining the Bank’s Compliance program related to fair and responsible banking to ensure conformity and adherence with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Provides secure, accurate, responsive, and courteous customer service to both internal and external customers at all times.
Primary objective of this position is to be a trusted advisor to every internal and external customer. Inspires confidence and builds lasting relationships by consistently exhibiting each of the trusted advisor skills in order to help our customers identify and achieve their financial goals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Conducts internal compliance audits and monitoring activities. Identify compliance weaknesses and provide recommendations for enhancements. Report significant findings to the Compliance/BSA Officer.
2. Review of advertisements/marketing material, documents, etc. for compliance.
3. Review and approve adverse action notices for compliance, as well as identify any trends that may pose fair lending issues.
4. Update compliance policies and procedures, as necessary and/or requested by Compliance Officer.
5. Provide assistance with creation of forms and disclosure documents for compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
6. Responsible for compliance schedules.
7. Review and approve rate deviations, while monitoring for potential fair lending issues and reporting to the Compliance Officer.
8. Conduct comparative file reviews, as well as pull reports such as matched pairs and other reports necessary for monitoring fair lending compliance.
9. Responsible for importing and mapping consumer loan data for review by the Compliance Officer and the Fair Lending Committee.
1. Keep abreast of regulations and associated/related regulatory guidance.
2. Other duties as requested by their supervisor or other management representatives of the bank, including BSA as needed.
3. Backup for creating the bank’s compliance newsletter to keep staff involved in notable compliance activities.
4. Backup to Compliance Specialist-HMDA/CRA.
5. Assist with training preparation as needed.
6. Assists with procedures to comply with Compliance.
7. Maintain knowledge of Federal and state laws and regulations sufficient to perform compliance, CRA, HMDA and fair lending reviews by reading the regulations, staying abreast of changes, continuing education, reading trade association materials.
8. Answer compliance questions from all personnel and inform applicable personnel of regulatory changes.
9. Manage and prioritize incoming work flow to meet all deadlines.
10. Maintain a proficient level of knowledge of the requirements of various banking laws, regulations, and regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to: the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Housing Act (FHAct), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), and related regulations.
11. Assist with tracking and follow up on issues in a timely manner.
12. Assist with external regulatory examinations, as well as audits.
13. Assist with managing the compliance functions for all lines of business to ensure compliance with fair and responsible banking, which include Federal Fair Lending Laws and adherence to all lines of business policies.
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in bank lending operations, compliance or risk management is preferred.
2. Ability to analyze/interpret account activity.
3. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
4. Strong confidentiality, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
5. Ability and discipline to work independently.
6. Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with internal and external customers.
7. Professional appearance and demeanor.
8. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and AS400.
9. Must comply with all bank policies and procedures that are job related and/or consistent with business necessity.
10. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others.
General Physical Demands and Workplace Conditions:
1. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push or pull or otherwise move objects within the immediate work station.
2. Must be able to walk, sit or stand frequently, up to 50% of the time.
3. Must be able to tolerate encounters with coworkers and customers under the following conditions:
a. Atmospheric pollutants or allergens, including but not limited to fumes, odors, dusts, poor ventilation;
b. Changes in indoor/outdoor temperatures encountered in travel between buildings and branches.
4. Other physical attributes required to successfully perform the essential functions above include finger agility, talking, and listening.
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You’ll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
As a member of the Bank Compliance Team, your responsibilities will include:
• Management of HMDA data collection and review process across various consumer and commercial business units, including initial data review and ingestion, quality control testing and source document validation, and preparation of Loan Application Register for regulatory filing.
• Correction of errors identified in quality control sampling, management of follow-up and escalations associated with errors identified in testing to identify root causes and validate remediation.
• Provide ongoing guidance and prepare / deliver training to applicable business units and third parties associated with regulatory compliance, including HMDA reporting requirements
• Completion of fair lending comparative file reviews across business lines, including associated with residential mortgage, consumer loans, credit cards, and small business lending
• Provision of ongoing compliance support and guidance to consumer residential mortgage business associated with regulatory requirements, particularly those associated with fair lending and HMDA requirements
• Maintenance and review of programmatic and procedural documents to ensure compliance with existing regulations, alignment with processes
• Creation of ongoing reporting to track and measure HMDA reporting progress and compliance milestones
• Preparation and provision of information associated with regulatory requests, examinations, and internal audits
• Bachelor’s degree with min. 2 years of experience in identifying HMDA reporting eligibility, data collection and data integrity, including associated with updated Reg. C reporting requirements
• Experience with performing data integrity and quality control testing associated with HMDA data and other government reporting obligations
• Experience with mortgage processing and related loan documentation requirements
• Comfort operating in Microsoft Excel, loan management platforms, and with managing large datasets
• Experience with HMDA Wiz, Rata Comply or a comparable HMDA data preparation tool a plus
• Experience navigating mortgage loan origination platform(s), such as Empower / Black Knight a plus
• Familiarity with fair lending regulations and requirements, including experience conducting fair lending-related comparative file review a plus
• Experience in with navigating regulatory requirements associated with residential and consumer lending generally, and in particular with the following: Reg C/HMDA, Reg.. B/ECOA, Fair Housing Act, TRID/RESPA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Flood Disaster Protection Act, and the Community Reinvestment Act
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate HMDA data reporting issues and trends to management through generation of effective presentations and management reporting
• Strong project management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills
The Compliance Analyst of Policies and Reporting (“Compliance Analyst”) will be responsible for the execution of essential Compliance Management System functions, including the maintenance and updating of compliance policies. Additionally, the Compliance Analyst will be responsible for drafting effective, strategic presentation material leveraging timely information, key metrics, and monitoring results to inform senior management of the status of the Compliance Management System.
This key contributor will create, compile, and maintain well-documented and timely work product related to American First Finance Inc. (AFF) compliance functions. The role also requires effective cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and will focus on obtaining timely and accurate reporting data from various departments and team members in accordance with applicable compliance requirements.
This Compliance Analyst will be an integral part of completing initiatives that provide positive impact at the enterprise level. An effective, results-focused, and motivated individual with a passion for compliance and a keen attention to detail would be an ideal candidate.
• Develops and executes policy governance processes in support of compliance policy lifecycle management, in accordance with AFF’s documentation development standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Prepares PowerPoint presentations for use in compliance-related committees and senior management meetings, including, but not limited to, the Compliance Committee, the Complaints Management Committee, and business reviews.
• Assists with the preparation of meaningful and comprehensive status reports regarding compliance program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to present to senior management and the board level.
• Performs regulatory compliance-related research and data analysis, as needed, and writes reporting deliverables and policy and procedure documentation in accordance with business goals and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Collaborates with management, subject matter experts, and appropriate lines of business to produce insightful reporting highlighting key risk indicators and key performance indicators.
• Prepares formal and informal reports for senior management highlighting updates, dashboards, and key metrics per requirements in the AFF Compliance Management System Policy.
• Inventories approved compliance-related policies and procedures in an exceptionally organized and audit-friendly manner.
• Proactively facilitates required reviews and approvals per applicable policy and procedure review schedules as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert on statuses and requirements related to policy and procedure reviews and approvals.
• Drafts procedures and checklists, as needed, to document changes in compliance processes.
• Researches, maintains, and provides timely, accurate recommendations regarding controls, policies, procedures, and standards as they relate to applicable compliance requirements.
• Maintains and ensures application of compliance governance standards, including through implementation of standard templates and periodic reporting deployed in a reliable and clearly understandable manner.
• Works with business lines to ensure that their policy and procedure approval requirements are also met, as required, for applicable policy, procedure, and job aid documentation with potential compliance impacts.
• 2+ years of professional work experience in consumer regulatory compliance and/or Bachelor’s Degree required
• Knowledge of applicable consumer compliance regulations and laws (e.g., Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act)
• Experience with drafting and updating regulatory policies and leveraging knowledge of the applicable legal and regulatory requirements
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Interest in technology, consumer finance, and improving consumer credit products
• Ability to problem-solve and to investigate and identify root causes
• Exceptional judgment and analytical skills
• Ability to adapt successfully balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Organized approach to workflows and keen attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with, and communicate complex regulations to, business partners
Please note this job description does not include a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As a Compliance Testing Specialist, you will be responsible for executing regulatory compliance transactional and control testing for lending activity in the following lines of business: residential lending originations, residential lending servicing, consumer lending (credit card and unsecured), small business, and commercial mortgage. You will work with the team to ensure tests are executed both timely and accurately. Tests are aligned to consumer compliance regulations and will be assigned according to the Annual Test Plan.
• Establish, design, and execute regulatory compliance testing
• Work with the Line of Business as well as the Compliance Manager to ensure all rules applicable to the line of business and the products supported are identified so that testing priorities can be evaluated and established.
E• xecute, organize and prioritize testing in a timely manner ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining accuracy.
• Develop and document detailed testing scripts covering testing of controls evaluations and testing of transactions to assess adherence to compliance rules.
• Prepare testing scope, workpapers, and reports capturing final results of testing.
• Work closely with the team to ensure consistency among execution of testing and interpretation of rules.
• Keep up to date on changes in federal and state compliance laws and regulations impacting the group of assigned compliance focus area(s) and ensure testing scripts reflect such changes.
• Assess adherence to regulatory requirements and laws. Serves as an independent reviewer to conduct transactional and control testing across the Lending Compliance purview areas of Residential Lending (originations and servicing), Consumer Lending, (credit card and unsecured) Business Banking Group, and Commercial Mortgage Operations.
• Prepare and potentially present reports to management regarding status of compliance testing in areas of compliance focus.
• Participate in various ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• 3+ years of experience within financial services industry preferred with emphasis on regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience executing testing efforts or exposure to audit, quality control or quality management functions and results.
• Experience in mortgage banking, compliance testing, quality control/assurance processes or internal/external audit.
• Strong testing/audit background related to regulatory compliance.
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state lending regulations. Preferred experience with TILA, RESPA, HMDA, CRA, ECOA, FCRA, and Flood.
• Ability to understand transactional and control test scripts based on current knowledge of regulations and business practices and able to execute testing as assigned.
• Knowledgeable enough to question and escalate issues, if warranted.
• Strong time management, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with management and peers.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple tasks at one time.
• Bachelor’s degree with professional certification preferred.
• Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Let us know if you have a job you’d like to post.