Any job opening listed on this page is provided for informational purposes only and is not affiliated with DACA.
The Compliance Director will be responsible for execution of AFF’s compliance advisory and oversight function to ensure departmental policies, procedures, processes, and practices comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. This key contributor will effectively review company-wide policies, procedures, and processes, and facilitate timely, scalable, and effective solutions where necessary. This role will also focus on proactive monitoring, risk identification, and reporting of risks in accordance with applicable compliance requirements. The Compliance Director also will be tasked with effectively reviewing and approving consumer-facing communications and advertising materials to facilitate compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, under the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z.
• Reviews practices, processes, and potential compliance issues to provide in-depth compliance analysis and high-quality supporting documentation
• Reviews, identifies, and detects potential compliance risks related to consumer complaints and provides reporting and information to further broader insight and analysis
• Supervises responses to regulatory complaints and utilizes oversight and visibility to propose and implement proactive solutions to prevent or reduce future complaints
• Reviews correspondence regarding topics including, but not limited to, credit disputes and requests for benefits under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
• Reviews consumer-facing communications (e.g., scripts, letters) and advertising materials and provides tailored, credible, and risk-based feedback
• Provides advisory support to first line of defense business units (e.g., Quality Control, Collections, and Information Technology)
• Develops, reviews, and upkeeps effective, compliant, and AFF-tailored policies and procedures
• Creates accurate and objective reporting and communication of potential compliance risks and issues to appropriate stakeholders
• Develops and maintains compliance risk assessments and compliance-related product risk assessments and leads related projects and action plans, utilizing knowledge of risk assessment methodologies to complete process flows, work programs, reports, and/or control summaries
• Follows up with organization stakeholders to ensure that compliance-related deadlines are met and deliverables are provided to appropriate internal and external parties
• Leads effort to keep company-wide compliance training modules and associated deliverables updated
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience (internal/external audit, operational risk/compliance testing, quality assurance)
• College degree required
• CRCM or similar compliance certification preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Deep knowledge of consumer compliance regulations (e.g., UDA(A)P, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Truth in Lending Act, Reg. Z, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Reg. V), and industry “best practices” for compliance programs in larger banking or consumer lending organizations
• Strong ability to problem-solve and to investigate root causes
• Ability to communicate effectively with all company levels
• 2 or more years of management experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying federal and state laws and regulations and guidance
• Ability to manage and oversee multiple engagements and work streams with various departments
• Experience working in a highly-regulated environment
• Advanced knowledge of testing techniques and data analysis principles, as well as the ability to correctly interpret results
• Previous experience developing executive reporting and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please note this job description does not include a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A company located in Dallas is searching for a paralegal or compliance professional to assist them on a temporary basis. Duties for this role include: providing guidance and support to merchants and businesses to ensure compliance, maintaining compliance data, administering and monitoring escalation communications with merchants, and coordinating due diligence review requests. Candidates must have a background in finance or banking. This is a temporary position with an undetermined length.
Let us know if you have a job you’d like to post.