Any job opening listed on this page is provided for informational purposes only and is not affiliated with DACA.
The Bank Secrecy Act Officer/Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program which will be designed to ensure a high level of compliance with the BSA/AML related laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures and Federal regulatory expectations. The position of Bank Secrecy Act Officer/Analyst is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of BSA/AML Compliance and be able to independently recognize, develop, and implement cost effective compliance related solutions for the BSA/AML program. The incumbent in this position is assigned the following roles: BSA/AML Officer, OFAC Officer. This position reports to the SVP Compliance.
• Monitor transactions and perform in-depth analysis of activity, including customer and account level research on a wide variety of data, to detect and determine suspicious and/or illegal activity.
• Enhance, develop, and administer the monitoring systems to ensure appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or illegal activity.
• Establish and maintain appropriate SAR investigation, review and reporting processes that promote consistent decisions, adequate investigation and research, and complete and detailed documentation.
• Ensure Customer Identification Program (CIP) is followed in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws, and to ensure the Bank has accurate risk scoring of customers and accounts. Works to ensure exceptions are resolved. Works with SVP Compliance and Compliance Committees to ensure proper entity documents are obtained as part of the CIP and appropriate beneficial ownership is documented.
• Responsible for ensuring all required regulatory reporting is conducted in a timely, accurate and compliant manner, including the filing of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to FinCEN, as well as FinCEN 314(a) and 314(b) procedures and reporting.
• Along with the SVP Compliance, act as liaison/contact for Federal/State examinations and internal and external independent reviews or audits of the BSA/AML/OFAC Programs.
• Assist SVP Compliance with updates to the BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures as needed.
• Assist SVP Compliance with reports to Senior Management and Board.
• Work with SVP Compliance to administer required training to employees and the Board of Directors.
• Review daily OFAC reports and certify hits as they come in. Ensure that no accounts are opened within the Bank for persons, entities, or countries appearing on the OFAC lists.
• Responsible for administering the BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessments and ensuring emerging risks are incorporated appropriately.
• Make recommendations to the Compliance Officer and senior management when and where appropriate.
• Fraud Detection:
• Thoroughly review systems to identify, detect and minimize potential loss to the Bank.
• Thoroughly monitor transactions and deposits from Remote Deposit Capture and Mobile Deposit to detect and prevent fraud.
• Manage fraud losses report.
• Manage fraud claims.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. BSA/AML Certifications a plus.
• Minimum 2 years prior financial institution BSA compliance experience.
• Proficient knowledge of the rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA),USA Patriot Act, and OFAC.
• General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related consumer banking and compliance functions.
• Understands and stays current on Red Flags and industry trends related to AML.
• Strong interpersonal,communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills with the ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively within a team environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, legal counsel, law enforcement, regulators and examiners while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must have good writing skills and be able to translate complex situations into easily understood narratives.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
Looking for contract help for bank loan and deposit compliance auditing as well as fair lending and HMDA. CRCM certification preferred. Needing help 40 hours every week until the end of the year. Potential for full-time employment afterwards as well. Must have experience auditing in these areas and be able to hit the ground running with little to no training. Will primarily be working alone. Work is primarily in the East Texas area, so would need to live fairly close to East Texas/ Northeast Texas. If interested, please email resume to email@example.com.
Auditing all loan regs including but not limited to Reg Z (with emphasis on TRID), RESPA, MLA, ECOA, flood, etc. As well as deposit compliance regs including but not limited to Reg DD, Reg C, Reg E, Reg D, etc. Need to have a strong working knowledge of these regs and know what to look for to determine if the bank is compliant or not.
Experience auditing (external or internal) and CRCM certification preferred. Report writing skills necessary.
This position is the primary person responsible for day-to-day execution of engagement objectives and daily interaction and communication with client personnel. This role requires the ability to supervise teams of 2 – 6 staff members on multiple concurrent engagements to ensure they receive feedback, direction, and resources. They are also responsible for resolving engagement issues that arise or communicating issues to engagement team management for further consideration and resolution. This requires a thorough understanding of the client’s industry (i.e. bank, mortgage company or other non-bank financial institution) or the ability to quickly learn and adapt to an unfamiliar aspect of the financial services industry sector. The individual should have a thorough understanding of the applicable regulatory examination process in addition to how an organization’s internal controls impact meeting its compliance objectives.
Click here for the complete job opening.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position’s core competency will be demonstrated by the ability to fulfill their primary responsibilities as reflected in this job description, which include:
Core Values, Professional Conduct, Licenses and Certifications
• Adhere to the Firm’s policies, procedures and ACTION philosophy. Be able to demonstrate the importance of the Firm’s core values to others.
• Understand and adhere to rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct as stipulated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the Institute of Internal Auditors or other applicable professional organization in discharging their professional responsibilities.
• Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development including self-study CPE, in-house training and third-party training and be able take responsibility to ensure the plan is executed.
• Demonstrate significant progress towards appropriate specialty certifications (e.g. CRCM, CRMA, CBA, CAMS, CBCO, etc.)
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of banking laws and regulations with the ability to research issues and provide management with coherent information on non-routine, complex issues.
• Demonstrate the ability to execute the documentation and regulatory audit initiatives in key compliance areas.
• Develop extensive knowledge in niche regulatory compliance areas.
• Consistently demonstrate initiative and sense of responsibility to ensure follow through of open items and issues through completion of an engagement.
• Consistent performance in developing and executing the engagement plan with assistance from the manager and partner where appropriate.
• Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve technical issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
• Research complex regulatory issues, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary.
• Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’s operations and regulatory risks.
• Responsible for ensuring that deliverables and workpapers produced by team members are clear and concise, and comply with firm standards.
Engagement Supervision and Execution
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on average-sized to large complex engagements.
• Planning activities include gathering information for time budgets, developing audit programs, coordinating related activities and designing engagement-specific approaches in unique situations.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
• Consistently take ownership of assigned engagement objectives and demonstrate the ability to plan multiple concurrent engagements while maintaining the department staff schedule.
• Monitor and supervise progress of Associates and Senior Associate I’s in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
• Supervise staff on multiple concurrent engagements.
• Review the work executed by other staff for coverage, completeness, and accuracy.
• Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
• Assist and mentor Associates and Senior Associate I’s while actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters professional development and learning of these and other staff members.
• May become involved in billing responsibilities and related issues.
• Assist with scheduling engagement resources.
• Keep supervisors apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Developing and Maintaining Relationships
• Develop and enhance client relationships at appropriate levels through strong communication and project management skills.
• Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
Corporate Compliance Responsibilities:
Understands and adheres to the policies and procedures compliance standards as set forth by Weaver and Tidwell, LLP. Ensure that staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless it would cause an undue hardship. The employee or potential employee remains responsible for performing the essential duties of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Thorough understanding of IIA standards and regulatory compliance guidelines and examination procedures.
• Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision making skills.
• Sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Regulatory specialty certifications – CRCM, CRMA, CBA, CAMS, CBCO or other specialist certifications.
• 3 – 4 + years or more of examination, industry, public accounting/consulting or a combination of equivalent experience in order to successfully fulfill the position’s responsibilities.
• Advanced understanding of bank/non-bank financial institution operations.
Let us know if you have a job you’d like to post.